What If We Never Met?
One of the questions that has kept us up lately is, ‘What would our lives have been like had we never met each other?’ The question did not arise from a woebegone feeling from lamenting our lost youth but more of a surprise as to how our relationship has changed us. CoupleDumb has worked very hard to explain and teach the general public on how to live better lives and love being in a relationship. And the reality is that a relationship is a vehicle for growth and if you aren’t growing then you are with the wrong person.
The following is a list of things that a relationship should do for you and if not, you should be looking to get out:
- A relationship should push you to be a better person. If you are in a relationship where your partner/spouse does not challenge you to be a better person then you are in a sick relationship.
- If you are in a relationship where your partner/spouse agrees with EVERYTHING you say, you are in a SICK relationship.
- If you are in a relationship where you feel small, unappreciated or worthless, you are in a SICK relationship.
- If you question whether your spouse/partner cares about you because of instances where he or she disregards your feelings, forgets your boundaries or maybe intentionally hurts you, you are in a SICK relationship.
- If you cannot count on the support of your partner/spouse for something you want to do that is good for you, you are in a SICK relationship.
This is a short list of things that a partner should be willing to do for you. We will continue to explore the specifics in the coming days and weeks. As we approach the last months of the year, most people begin to calculate the wins and losses of the year and contemplate the strengths and weaknesses of their relationships. By no means are these ideas license for a divorce or cause to break up. However, you can take them as a warning sign that your relationship needs help. As always, we advocate being happy and if that takes place within a relationship then it is a double rainbow bonus. If not, then enjoy your happiness individually and be open to whatever the universe has in store for you.